Code ✣ Software Design ✣ Full Stack ✣ Data Science
Science solutions designer and product development. Guiding researchers from lab concept to production systems.
Web UI, APIs, security, identity management, backend, database (MongoDB & SQL), Dev/Ops, Docker, AWS cloud
Systems & Business Analysis
Experience understanding science requirements and goals and translating into advanced technology.
Design and development of scalable multi-service architectures deployed to HPC, Clusters or Cloud.
- I design and write software to solve real world problems.
- I listen and focus on your needs and help guide you through the stages that take an idea from conception to realisation
- I specialise in the challenges facing scientists and researchers having worked with multiple research organisations including NIWA, Plant and Food, and the University of Auckland.
- I have run my own company and led a start-up mobile phone company software team through a high growth period.
- I have created and developed multiple agile cross-functional teams and led a major open-source project with hundreds of contributors.
- I now work from my home on Waiheke Island and focus on projects for environmental science and social well being.
- I am available for mentoring of software developers and research software engineers.
- I give talks and run workshops on various technologies.
- When not coding I sing and act with the local theatre company.
- BSc Combined Honours, Computer Science & Geology
- Systems Development Manager and GM IT - NIWA
- Technology Consultant - Plant and Food Research
- Technical Lead - Voluntarily.nz